Welcome! I’m David Mytton, previously co-founder and CEO of SaaS cloud monitoring startup, Server Density.
I started Server Density in 2009 and it was acquired by StackPath in 2018. As part of the acquisition, I joined an organisation of 300+ people to lead Product Engineering across a suite of security products generating $200m in revenue. I left StackPath in Dec 2019.
I am also an EiR at Seedcamp, a London-based VC fund worth over $3bn (who also funded Server Density). I actively angel invest, usually alongside Seedcamp.
I am studying for an Environmental Technology MSc at Imperial College London (expected 2020) and graduated with a Law undergraduate degree at University of Birmingham in 2010.
Japan is my favourite place to travel so I’ve written a travel guide. I publish a list of my favourite books each year and my top 10 book recommendations for startup founders and CEOs are here.
Here are some articles you might like to get into.
- How much energy do data centers use?
- How do you access knowledge without electricity?
- The data behind $49bn of cleantech investment
- More environment articles.
- A guide to remote working for startups
- Communication inside startups – what and how
- Innovation in incentives – how should startups structure salaries, bonuses, commission, stock options?
- More startup articles.
- How to hire engineers: sourcing candidates
- How to hire engineers: the interview process
- When does it make sense to use a recruiter for hiring engineers?
- More hiring articles.
- What are the common causes of cloud outages?
- Who has the best serverless platform?
- The hidden costs of cloud
- More cloud articles.