Welcome! I’m David Mytton, co-founder of Console, which launched early-2021 to provide the best tools for developers.
From 2009-2018, I was Co-founder at Server Density, a London-based SaaS infrastructure monitoring startup acquired by StackPath. As part of the acquisition, I joined an organisation of 300+ people to lead Product Engineering across a suite of security products generating $200m in revenue. I left StackPath in Dec 2019.
I am an Expert in Residence at Seedcamp (unpaid), a London-based seed fund with 360+ portfolio companies (who also funded Server Density). I actively angel invest, usually alongside Seedcamp.
I concluded an Environmental Technology MSc at Imperial College London in Sept 2020, with a particular interest in energy technology. I continue to research sustainable computing at Uptime Institute.
Here are some articles I’ve written:
- Data centre water consumption. npj Clean Water (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41545-021-00101-w
- Assessing the suitability of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol for calculation of emissions from public cloud computing workloads. Journal of Cloud Computing (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13677-020-00185-8
- Hiding greenhouse gas emissions in the cloud. Nature Climate Change (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41558-020-0837-6
- How much energy do data centers use?
- How do you access knowledge without electricity?
- The data behind $49bn of cleantech investment
- More environment articles.
- A guide to remote working for startups
- Communication inside startups – what and how
- Innovation in incentives – how should startups structure salaries, bonuses, commission, stock options?
- More startup articles.
- How to hire engineers: sourcing candidates
- How to hire engineers: the interview process
- When does it make sense to use a recruiter for hiring engineers?
- More hiring articles.