New visitor? Welcome! I’m David Mytton, previously co-founder and CEO of SaaS cloud monitoring startup, Server Density.
I started Server Density in 2009 and it was acquired by StackPath in 2018 where I joined to lead Product Engineering for a suite of security products generating $200m in revenue from over 1 million customers worldwide.
Here are some posts you might like to get into.
- Communication inside startups – what and how
- Innovation in incentives – how should startups structure salaries, bonuses, commission, stock options?
- 3 lessons from 9 years of startups
- You can’t build a SaaS company in 2018 without significant funding
- Startup holiday policies – unlimited time off doesn’t work
- Things they don’t tell you about M&A
- Structuring startup board meetings
Product and engineering
- Product managers are not responsible for “how”
- How to learn product management
- How to hire engineers: sourcing candidates
- How to hire engineers: the interview process
- When does it make sense to use a recruiter for hiring engineers?
- How to prioritise what features to build
- Influence is the product manger’s best tool
- Who has the best serverless platform?
- The hidden costs of cloud
- How much is Spotify paying Google Cloud?
- Office productivity – where Google and Microsoft have an advantage over AWS
- How the cloud changes how developers should think about costs
- 3 hybrid cloud myths
- AWS vs Google Cloud: Flexibility vs operational simplicity