Welcome! I’m David Mytton, previously co-founder and CEO of SaaS cloud monitoring startup, Server Density.
I started Server Density in 2009 and it was acquired by StackPath in 2018. As part of the acquisition, I joined an organisation of 300+ people to lead Product Engineering across a suite of security products generating $200m in revenue from over 1 million customers worldwide.
I am also an EiR at Seedcamp, a London-based VC fund worth over $3bn (who also funded Server Density).
I am studying for an Environmental Technology MSc at Imperial College London (expected 2020) and graduated with a Law undergraduate degree at University of Birmingham 2007-2009.
Here are some posts you might like to get into.
- A guide to remote working for startups
- Communication inside startups – what and how
- Innovation in incentives – how should startups structure salaries, bonuses, commission, stock options?
- 3 lessons from 9 years of startups
- You can’t build a SaaS company in 2018 without significant funding
- Startup holiday policies – unlimited time off doesn’t work
- Things they don’t tell you about M&A
- Structuring startup board meetings
Product and engineering
- How to hire engineers: sourcing candidates
- How to hire engineers: the interview process
- Product managers are not responsible for “how”
- How to learn product management
- When does it make sense to use a recruiter for hiring engineers?
- Influence is the product manger’s best tool