My favourite books of 2020
Published in Favourite Books.
In 2019 I read 66 books (with an average length of 289 pages). In 2020 I read 31 books (with an average length of 481 pages).
Fewer books, but longer. I did a lot more academic writing (as of Jan 2021: one thesis finished, two papers published, one going through peer review, several more in draft) which reduced the time I could dedicate to reading.
I rate all the books I read on Goodreads. Here are the ones I rated 5 stars:
- Altered Carbon, Richard Morgan.
- The Dark Forest, Liu Cixin.
- Death’s End, Liu Cixin.
- A Game of Thrones, George RR Martin.
- A Clash of Kings, George RR Martin.
- A Storm of Swords, Goerge RR Martin.
- Shogun, James Clavell.
- The Wall, John Lanchester.